How often do we hear people dragging their feet when they return to work after the holiday period?
Businesses are often seriously impacted by the post holiday lag and similarly where people return after holidays they often struggle to regain focus and energy. This can be avoided and in fact returning to work with clear focus, renewed energy is infectious and can often be the difference between a great year and a fairly average one! The holiday blues should not be ignored and rather tackled head on to support people’s mental positivity and a sharp and successful kick off to the year ahead.
Here is how…
Top tips for the immediate return to work:
- Ensure you and your team have a clear plan and some quick milestones to achieve and celebrate
- Remove unnecessary noise and distraction
- Focus on the things that will give you the largest return and have the biggest growth impact
- Encourage short and punchy check ins daily for the first couple of weeks with teams to focus on key objectives and team goals
- Remind and discuss with yourself and your people what skin they have in the game and to share what they want to achieve personally and professionally so that financial goals and targets can be aligned
For any business and leader the following will be pivotal in 2019 to stand out and achieve success:
- Invest in people and relationships
- Focus on customer and how to engage, supply and over deliver
- Stand out and communicate who you are and what value you offer – social media engagement and people recognising you and your brand is key!
- Don’t put off what you can do today
- Relish new opportunities and explore ways to do things more effectively / that will engage with your customers
- Find/ invest in renewed excitement and energy for what you do and focus on doing what you do best
Here is to a highly successful 2019 and for advice, discussion and consultancy about your people, business or personal growth journey – reach out today.