Currently many across the world are grieving without knowing it nor necessarily understanding what is happening with a new flow of emotions and swings between these.
We are in fact, starting to grieve for the way of life we have for so long enjoyed and for most of us – we are not even aware of this yet.
The cycle of grief can be applied here as each of us deal with drastic disruption, change and loss, whether this is a loved one becoming unwell, our financial circumstances significantly impacted , our freedoms restricted or removed in some cases or just feeling dazed and not wanting to believe the current state of the world, as we navigate an unknown enemy in Covid-19.
- Have a support network and people you can talk to when you need to
- Take a deep breath and remind yourself that you are not alone and look at the above again to understand where you are at
- Get some exercise – Endorphins make you feel good
- Eat well & try and maintain regular routines and sleeping patterns
- Be kind to yourself and focus on others where you can as this is often a welcome distraction from your own troubles
- Set yourself mini goals/ projects that you can achieve and will keep you focused
- Seek out expert advice for any areas troubling you and get informed about your best options to tackle the things you can control/ access the help you need
- Try and have a moment of joy each day/ do something that makes you smile.
For advice or support with your next steps or to discuss how you, as an employer, access talent with these top attributes – reach out today and contact us.
Michelle & Wayne are Co-Directors and Founders of Fusion Partners, delivering consulting and recruitment services.